Dark-color jeans are more classic, light-color jeans are more casual. With that in mind…
For a hippie look, you could wear mid-blue bootcut jeans, a fitting shirt with rolled up sleeves then unbutton the shirt till where it’s safe [whatever ‘safe’ means to you, lol], a pair of retro (leopard frame) sun glasses, and block heels sandals. Regarding the sandals, I’m not talking about the fancy metallic or clear heel sandals we have around today, I mean the old leather camel/tan/cognac color sandals [I used to call them blocks when I was younger, lol… I’m actually not sure if this was ‘sheng’ from Nakuru or it was a widely accepted name 😂], that aren’t exactly easy to find these days.
For a Saturday brunch, I’d go for a very light color bootcut pair of jeans that shows only the tip of my stiletto heels; the heels could be kitten heels so that you barely see the heel of the shoe. Wear heels in any color [but considering I have a very vivid image of this outfit, I’d prefer black stilettos] and then I would wear a black cropped sweater. Pull your hair back into a ponytail for a clean look and wear a pair of red/pink sun glasses – a very different color from my other pieces. I wouldn’t wear a belt with this particular outfit, so the jeans’ waist ought to fit just right 👌🏽.
I really like this look I’ve just described, so very effortless! Here’s where you can find such pieces:
- Black Cropped Sweater – Here, Here, Here, or Here
- Light Blue Denims – Here, Here or Here [I imagine such jeans would be easier to get from like a Toi market rather than from a retail store by the way… those hidden gems!]
- Black Stiletto Heels – Here, Here, Here, or Here
- Sunnies – Here
I think what I like most about today’s outfit is actually the colors, if you look at a color wheel, blue and yellow are right opposite each other – complementary colors. Also, had I worn a navy shirt, this outfit would look different; the light blue shirt balances out the density of the dark jeans.
For a Friday at work, why not rock it like she (me, lol) 😉.
Where I got it:
- Striped Shirt | H&M | Options Available at Woolworths OR Here
- Bootcut Denim Jeans | Pick n Pay, SA | Options Available Here, Here, OR Here
- Tan Belt | Woolworths
- Mustard Court Heels | Newlook | Option Available Here
- Golden Sunnies | Cotton On, SA | Options Available at Miniso, Accesorize…